Saturday, February 05, 2011








Black Sunshine: Conversations with T.F. Mou is now on YouTube in its entirety, baybay, albeit in the censored TV edition that I made so I can show the movie a little wider, the censoring consists of ironically Japanese style optical blurring to the nudity and some freeze framing with the worst of the violence. I am adding a digital download section to my website which the fully uncut version will be available on. I may still have problems with YouTube either with copyright or content, so I uploaded it to a different channel originally created for my short version back in '08 so my main account would not be penalized in-case they decided to take it down per its content. The old version, which has no censorship of the nudity, has been up for two and a half years now and has flown under the radar so I'm not too worried, but you never know.

Like I keep saying, this is not the final version and I am not quite happy with the film as yet. The narration will be re-recorded. I will be tightening up the film especially in the case of Mou's less important director for hire films, I think compressing those segments a little more is probably a good idea. I will be adding in footage from Mou's early films in Taiwan once I can get it and the color balance between the two camera streams is a little off, so the color correction for the interview segments will be overhauled. This will be undertaken during the post-production of Alison in Wonderland, most likely.

No comments: