Monday, April 26, 2010

Funny that we've been talking about remaking Dream House lately, since I just found out about this.

In the immortal words of Joseph Luster's homoerotic King "It cannot BEEE! Or can it?!" Yes, Virginia, it looks an awful lot like Hollywood has just made a feature length loose remake of my film directed by Jim Sheridan (My Left Foot, Get Rich or Die Tryin') and starring Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz in Kevin and Kate's roles.

I've done a bit of research and it seems like all that it really has in common with my Dream House is the moving into the former crime scene/haunted house; ie, no rape or crazy townspeople to contend with. I'm only gonna file suit if the movie ends with a Dave Luce look alike running amok and tying up Rachel Weisz and/or Naomi Watts as he rambles about how he wants to give them his venereal diseases "that you didn't even know you could catch anymore". Dream House itself was compiled from several stories anyways.

5 comments:

Crocodile said...

Daniel Craig ain't no Kevin James, that's for damn sure.

Crocodile said...

Mr. Carrozza,

Thank you for your comment, and your comments on my Fukasaku video. Designing a monster would be a heap of fun! I look forward to the day when you're in charge of some 250 million dollar production. I was sorry to hear you had to delay Alison, but I'm sure it's for the best. Wasn't it Tom Waits who said, "Things worthwhile need time to grow." That's the Kubrick approach. It will take exactly as much time as it needs, there's no sense in rushing it. Best of luck.

Jacob

Crocodile said...

Have you heard of this "Malice in Wonderland" movie?

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/maliceinwonderland/

Crocodile said...

Hmm, it chopped the link in half, that should be
/maliceinwonderland

Anyway, it looks dreadful.

J.L. Carrozza said...

They also did that stupid dark ALICE thing on the "Syfy" Channel.