Monday, May 11, 2009

Finally some bigger developments.

I did the redub session for Dream House with Deirdre on Saturday. She was a joy to work with and gave a nice performance. I now have everything I need short of the music and one pick up shot I'm going to shoot and put in the film right before it renders to finish Dream House.

And I finally have something in YouTube form to show for my work. It's not much, but the first of a great many things.


Hopefully this gives you a good idea of what the new cut of Little Red Riding Hood has in store: a more polished, slicker and more cohesive feel overall. There will be no copywritten music in the cut itself, I just used some in the trailer because a. trailers always use music from other movies and b. I don't have an original score yet for the film.

To reiterate once more, there will be NO full movies on YouTube, the slightly redone The Magic Forest aside. There will be trailers, promos, possible production diaries (for Alison in Wonderland when that shoots) and clips, but no full movies. I really am against giving away entire films for free, particularly on YouTube, which has poor video quality even in its high quality setting.

The Two Short Films by J.L. Carrozza DVD will be available to buy through Paypal's checkout system (once I get that set-up) through my website.

3 comments:

Kevin James said...

Judging by the YouTube comments it looks like you'll sell a few of these- let me know when I can buy one off of you.

J.L. Carrozza said...

Everyone involved with both or either film gets a free copy if they want one. So you'll get a free one once they're done.

If Ryan and Neil want copies too they can have them.

Kevin James said...

I just watched the new Dream House trailer- the redubs worked better than I expected. The actress you got delivered, nice work man.