Tuesday, March 10, 2009

No massive developments lately. Waiting for the relooping and dubbing of some Dream House's dialogue to fall in place and then I'll finish the ADR and sound mixing for both films. Hopefully I'll get my finished scores for both in another few weeks as well.

I'm also permanently quitting film criticism as I can't stand doing it, my writing possibly isn't even that good (nobody seems to give me much support for it) and it's just getting tiresome. I like writing films and making films so much more. It's like a woman I want to have sex with every moment of every day.

I'm starting my own personal business soon to keep myself on the ground in this economy. I'm gonna be a videographer for local bands and earn money doing that for a while.

I'm actually writing a Godzilla movie right now entitled Godzilla: Retribution. It's kind of just for practice, but I'm trying to do what George Romero did with the horror genre to the kaiju eiga genre. I'm about at page 88 and close to Godzilla's rampage through Tokyo, will probably take me days to write as I need to do some research on Tokyo's geography. The Tokyo sequence will be like the fucking Battle of the Pelennor Fields of kaiju eiga, 30 minutes of Godzilla destroying shit, battling the Japanese and American militaries, fighting mecha such as the "Super-Goten" (basically a mix between the Gotengo, Moonlight SY-3 and Super-X) and killing loads of innocent of people.

Also, the script of Alison in Wonderland will posted soon, but not in its entirity. I was debating whether I should or not. There is a lot of stuff I want to keep a surprise for people in the film itself when it comes out, so I'm gonna post snippets to give you an idea of the script itself but not giving away too of the good stuff.

2 comments:

Kevin James said...

Jules, if you ask me I'd love to see you keep writing. I've always thought your thoughts on paper were pretty rock solid, and I'm sure a lot of your buddies and followers would say the same.

J.L. Carrozza said...

"I've always thought your thoughts on paper were pretty rock solid, and I'm sure a lot of your buddies and followers would say the same."

That's why I'm putting the same amount of detail into my scripts.