Friday, December 26, 2008

I'm thinking a lot about Alison in Wonderland.

It might take me about a year to raise the money. I dunno. If I'm lucky it'll shoot next summer and done by Christmas, if I'm not so lucky, summer and Christmas 2010.

I was watching the end of Kinji Fukasaku's Battles Without Honor and Humanity: Deadly Fight in Hiroshima, which appears to have been shot in 16mm for a haunting and gritty feel and I got an idea.

I'd like to mix stocks on Alison too for an interesting vibe. The film has two halves: one set in a very gritty, real world suburban Bush America, the other set in, naturally, Wonderland. Ideally and if I was made of money, I'd shoot the "real world" scenes in progressive scan HD thanks to its ultra crisp, clean and gritty feel and then the Wonderland stuff in Super 16mm thanks to its more organic look, but shooting on those two costly professional formats would put the film's tab at $30,000 already! Plus telecine for the 16mm and then 35mm blow up and all that jazz! What I'll probably do is shoot the real world stuff on SD (with the Canon GL-2 like my old movies) and then the Wonderland stuff on HDV.

Probably gonna touch up the script and take out and add some stuff for more believablity.

Also, nobody from my former movies (except maybe Dave Luce as the Mad Hatter) is likely going to be in this one.

When Alison in Wonderland does finally come out, it is going to be something like you've never seen from me. No more funny "grindhouse fetish films" for YouTube. It was a good place to start and fun when I did that kind of thing with Little Red Riding Hood, but it's now time to make genuine, real films with tactile characters who feel like real people.

I think I'm keeping my name J.L. Carrozza, by the way, for now at least.

No comments: