Saturday, December 06, 2008

Hi guys.

Long time, no post, eh?

Anyways, a few announcements I've been at work on since the last time I posted here.

First off, I am diving right back into that which caused me so much pain: Alice in Wonderland!

That's right! I'm going to at least try to make the film again!

It will not be called Alice in Wonderland, anymore, however, but Alison in Wonderland.

I am interested in many places and themes I can take this film. One of my favorite themes is similar to that of Guillermo Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth. It's theme of a girl in an ugly political climate retreating to a fantasy world to find solace.

I also love the idea of someone living in a world gone made finding peace within themselves. It's a beautiful theme to me that resonates with all of us.

Therefore, Alison in Wonderland, rather than be another Jules movie grindhouse fetish film with perverted jokes like everything I've made prior, will be given a psychological, spiritual and political center.

I've written a script and am close to a final draft. I think the script works much better than my old ones but also still has a few kinks to iron out. The Mad Hatter scene is too goddamn nasty, for one thing. The Hatter is meant to be pretty much the most frightening character but I need to find a way to make the character work just as well without making him so vile that my audience won't want any part of the film.

I am going to invest in every bit of film equipment I need (including an HD camera) and what I can't afford I'll build. The beauty of the internet is that just as you can find out how to build your own bombs from household items and become an infamous guerrilla terrorist like Timothy McVeigh, you can also become the next Peter Jackson by finding out how to build your own steadycams, dollies and dolly track, depth of field adapter, etc.

I hope to get $10,000 for the film either through my own means (working and socking away money in a saving account which I am already doing) or by finding investors. I'll keep an open mind about all that.

So yeah, the film will be shooting whenever it's ready. I hope to have it finished by Christmas of next year and have it ready for submission to film festivals everywhere.

It will not be put on YouTube, however. YouTube is shitty quality, it can only fit 10 minute videos and the YouTube audiences are not my crowd. I'll put some trailers and behind the scenes stuff up on my new YouTube account but not the whole film. Why give away your baby for free in low quality on the internet to a bunch of immature teenagers? What was I thinking before?

Also, I will not post the new script. I want everyone to be surprised when the movie comes out.

Finally, I am again changing my name. Alison in Wonderland will be the first film directed by J.L. Knight. Knight is my father's side's family's surname anyways. I like it.

I will use J.L. Knight as the name for my movies and scripts and J.L Carrozza still, however, as the name for my writing and film criticism.

3 comments:

Joseph Luster said...

Use Vimeo for your movie posting, it's way better.

Charli said...

Yay! Jules, I am so happy you are getting back into this project. I look forward to hearing more about it - and seeing it eventually!

Much love.

Linda S. Socha said...

What a fun idea...Looking forward to checking out your blog and see how this heads forward....Good post Jules. My first visit to your blog. If you are out and about stop by and say hello
Linda